EvaPig®, the clever tool that calculates the net energy in feed for pigs
A freely accessible software, EvaPig® helps you estimate the dietary value in energy, digestible phosphorus and amino acids in both the raw materials and feed meant for pigs. In order to do this, it uses a database with more than one hundred raw materials, a set of equations and corrective factors as well as the information that you indicate.
The key dietary values estimated by EvaPig®
- The energy value in feed, specifically its content in net energy.
Net energy is the estimation of the effective energy contained in the feed and available to animals. A better predictor of animal performance than metabolizable energy, it helps formulate feed adapted to the healthy growth of pigs. It should be noted that this energy value differs according to the pigs’ production phase (growth, reproduction).
- The standardized digestibility of amino acids.
This digestibility coefficient evaluates the availability of amino acids in pig feed.
- Digestible phosphorus.
Since it is a non-renewable resource, phosphorus intakes must be managed accurately. EvaPig® allows you to identify the digestible phosphorus values in raw materials in order to avoid any waste and optimize the pig’s diet.
EvaPig® Designer, INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research)
EvaPig® helps educate nutritionists by highlighting the main variation laws in the value of nutrients.
5 reasons to use the EvaPig® tool
- Understand your raw materials, thanks to the exact definition of their chemical composition and dietary value.
- Utilize net energy and amino acids for a clear reduction in the levels of dietary protein for pigs.
- Reduce polluting emissions in the environment through a better understanding of intakes in digestible amino acids and phosphorus.
- Manage precise dietary values in order to formulate optimal pig feed, as close as possible to the animal’s needs.
- Rely on documents, educational software, appendices, etc. available on the Evapig® website.
How can one estimate energy value in pig feed?
EvaPig® compiles the chemical composition and dietary values of around one hundred reference raw materials for pigs. This data is derived from INRA and AFZ’s tables. According to what you would like to evaluate, you can then generate new raw materials or even entire feeds. The software then analyzes all this data in order to provide you with the dietary value of the feed.
Good to know! You can create a new raw material yourself, either by copying and modifying the reference raw material, or by using your own data. You are also free to create entire feeds by mixing different raw materials together or by directly supplying a chemical compound.
INRA, AFZ and Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition Europe: The creators of EvaPig®
EvaPig® software is the result of the collaboration between three expert stakeholders in animal nutrition: INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), AFZ (Association Française de Zootechnie) and Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition Europe.